Do you want women’s concerns on the public agenda?
Do you want your voices amplified and echoed by women across the province?
Do you want every woman and girl in Nova Scotia to know that her well-being is critical to the well-being of our province and country?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you should attend
The first Annual General Assembly of the Women’s Action Coalition – Nova Scotia (WAC-NS).
The WAC-NS is a broad- based non-partisan alliance of women’s groups and committees, social justice organizations and individuals concerned with women’s equality. Active in the 1980s and 1990s, WAC-NS is being re-constituted in response to decisions that are being made at the national, provincial and municipal levels about issues that have disproportionate impacts on women. We want our governments to know that we are concerned that:
• many women and families in our province are living in poverty
• childcare is a luxury rather than a right
• affordable housing is limited and inadequate
• violence against women is widespread
• the cost of education is prohibitive for many women
• too many women are working in low-paying, insecure jobs
• women’s services are under-funded
What: WAC-NS First Annual General Assembly
When: Saturday, May 14, 2011 9.00a.m. to 4.30.p.m.
Where: McNally Auditorium, McNally Main Building, Saint Mary’s University, Robie Street, Halifax
Join the Women’s Action Coalition and register for the Assembly! For more information contact:
Stella Lord: email@example.com